As a sector focused organization, the Council For Renewable Energy Nigeria aims to:
- Facilitate the planning and partnerships necessary to achieve large-scale, renewable energy implementation in Nigeria.
- Enhance government and public awareness of renewable energy technologies,
- Promote and support capacity building initiatives within and between policy makers, traditional leaders, relevant businesses and NGO’S.
- Advance renewable energy curriculum development in primary, secondary and tertiary educational institutions.
- Encourage, publicize and enhance renewable energy initiatives of its members
- Establish a strong member base representative of all renewable energy stakeholders; and
- Foster active and effective chapters in all regions of Nigeria.
The Council For Renewable Energy Nigeria is a not for profit, multi-stakeholder association, which promotes the appropriate use of renewable energy technology in Nigeria and the reduction of green house gases through reduced consumption of fossil fuels. CREN aims to bring together the professional sector, government and civil servants, academics, associations, industry, financial institutions and services, the not for profit sector and end-users to act as a forum where they can work together for efficient, appropriate renewable energy implementation and to develop a comprehensive sustainable energy strategy for Nigeria.
CREN will work with all stakeholders to address the challenges of awareness, availability, cost and appropriate implementation of renewable energy technologies in Nigeria. In particular, CREN shall work to create public awareness and foster the emerging availability of reliable, economically viable renewable energy systems by supporting policy information and implementation, research, development and use of such systems.